Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trevor's Day on Pleasure Island

Trevor had a big day. We went with some friends to the mall for a clown show. There was juggling, there was unicycling, there were balloon animals. We ate lunch out, the kids were noisy and had a great time. And he finagled a playdate once we got back. He played from 1:30 until 7 p.m. And when Mother came a knockin', a sinister look crossed his face.

"No! I don't want to go to our house! I can sleepover! I can sleepover!" The gauntlet was down. He had a nerf gun in his hand. He meant business. He was surrounded by boys. Boys entering and exiting at their leisure, a constant flow of neighborhood friends. With guns. And Star Wars action figures. In a house with a new puppy. And big chocolate cookies. There was no way I or anyone else could convince him to leave all these pleasures behind. I gave him the 5-minute warning.
Five minutes later, he was braying, "I'm NOT going home! I HATE our home! I can take this gun home with me. " Mom channeled her SWAT team tactics and manhandled him into his carseat. There was kicking. Screaming. Threats. And a very final, "Don't TOUCH me!" upon arrival to our boring abode. "I don't want anyone touching me!"
In the end, the spectacle dissolved into apologies, hugs, and kisses. What a transformation. But if boys will be boys, we're headed for trouble...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You're on a blogging roll my friend!