Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All In A Week's Work...

Recently, I visited The Material Girls quilt shop on a trip to Utah. They had a wall quilt with the vintage "Jobs for Each Day of the Week" stitched in: Monday is Wash Day, Tuesday is Ironing Day, Wednesday is Sewing Day, etc. I went home thinking it was a great idea to modernize. One major housekeeping focus a day. If it worked 80 years ago, it should work today, right?

So Saturday, I wanted to wash the car. Didn't get to it. I'm really good about Sunday Rest Day, which meant that Monday became wash the car day. Instead, it went like this:

Monday: Wash the insides of car windows because the fingerprints, mouth marks, and foggy streaks from the last wash job make me feel slovenly. It's the bare minimum to boost spirits.

Tuesday: Vacuum the car. It has needed it for months. Bum vacuum does mediocre job.

Wednesday: Wash the layer of sea breeze scum from all surfaces of car interior.

Thursday: Wash exterior of car, good thing I had to get gas.

Friday: Re-vacuum car because really need to shampoo rugs.

Saturday: Shampoo rugs.

Sunday: Drive impeccable-looking car to Sabbath worship.


My foremothers would shun me. Sadly...the interior windows need attention again...wonder how long it will take this time.

1 comment:

AnnaBanana said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to visit Material Girls while you were there. Just love that place!

If only we could be so well organized, and labor-driven as our predecessors. :/

I love a clean car! Even if it lasts for 2 minutes.