Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Am I Saying?

I've mentioned that Aedan likes to eat seaweed. Just so you don't think she's gnawing on vines she pulls from the ocean, here's what it looks like. They come in crispy sheets packed in a little plastic tray. You can wrap them over rice creations like sushi, but I guess they are good as snacks.
She was eating them in the car, crunching, crunching. I looked over and it was a horrid sight--whole sheets going waywardly into her mouth, like when you shove a whole potato chip in--but this is larger than a potato chip.
"That's not how people eat that is it?"
Crunch, crunch, tongue lapping, crunch.
"Isn't there a way to eat that more...civilized ?"
Then I think...did I just say she should eat seaweed more civilized? What next? "How many times do I have to tell you, no slurping the whale blubber!"

3 comments:

Vern said...

My mom told me to stop slurping the whale blubber once - so embarrassing. Your husband is sitting in my dining room right now playing...let's call it "Chess". We've made an executive decision that the next time he comes, he needs to bring all of you with him! But when that's not possible the coconut syrup will do. Yum-O!!!

Vern said...

By the way, Jeff confided in me that he would like "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" on DVD for his birthday. Whenever that is.

The Hendricks Family said...

I am with you showers do stop a productive day right in mid stream. Yay for the no shower days!