Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daddy Dolls

Jeff came home from work with this:

"What is THAT!?"

"It's something someone from work gave me: it's a doll for kids whose parents deploy. You can put a picture of their parent's face inside the helmet. Supposedly it helps them deal with the separation better."

"Why does it have a tuft of camoflage hair?"

No answer.

"Don't you think it's creepy looking? It kind of reminds me of Teletubbies. Won't it scare the child?"

"Naw, it'll be great."

I was surprised that the boys actually like it! Disturbing on many levels. In fact, Jamon took the task of Daddy Doll Personalization very seriously:



Would this comfort you?



7 comments:

AnnaBanana said...

I thought that torture wasn't allowed thanks to the Geneva Convention.

There must be certain types of torture that can slide under the rug like: water boarding and DADDY Dolls!!!

Yikes!

Jill said...

I am so glad you are blogging, although I am worried that the doll might turn into something they stick needles into someday.

The Hendricks Family said...

I am so glad that you are joining the blogging world. That doll is too funny. I hope that it will comfort the boys.

Elizabeth said...

Yah another blogging friend! Book club was so nice, thanks for hosting!

Vern said...

Hmmmm...Jeff's eyes staring at me in the dark of the night through camouflage.... Sounds more like the beginning of a script for a Halloween thriller than a kids plaything. Then again, lots of Halloween movies start out that way. Maybe you could call the doll "Chucky".

Sam and Josh said...

That is a great idea and I am so glad I found you. Looks like you are loving it out there.

boylingivylilac said...

Jeff really is a doll now.

Wow.

:)