I decided to go with cupcakes: from a mix, but dressed up in some fancy homemade frosting. This is the look I was going for:
Unfortunately, not only could I not find a large star tip to pipe the frosting on, somehow the screw caps that keep the tip on the bag have gone AWOL. No time to solve the problem, I had to improvise. And here is my masterpiece:
Jeff aptly christened them "Doggie Doo" Cupcakes. I was hoping that once they were wrapped in cellophane, no one would notice. It was for a good cause, right? They're not much to look at, but I took comfort in the fact that they were probably the tastiest cupcakes I've had in a long time.
However, is it any wonder why Jeff overbid on a chocolate trifle? I did think to myself, I could make that! But then I remembered, "actually, no I can't."
I DON'T BAKE!

5 comments:
I love your baking adventures. Always good for a smile or hardy belly laugh! I bet the cupcakes were divinely delicious and the lucky people who bought them probably already ate them all up. After all you did remember the eggs right?
What does it say about me that despite the fact that the tops of those cupcakes look like Beethoven's last movement, I would still pay good money for them? You don't have to answer that.
Oh MY GOODNESS! Who were the lucky people that took those home? I have to echo your hubby. haha!
You did awesome and I can say cupcakes are always safe and not too hard. Way to go.
Tailey thought they looked a little suspicious also! I'm sure they tasted great! What about your fabulous cherry-choco cake?!? I love that recipe!!
Post a Comment