"Please bless that I can have a lizard in my lunch for preschool," he began.
I peeked at him to give him a stern look of disapproval for where he was going. His eyes were closed, completely uninterested in getting attention.
"And I can eat his eyeballs and his head and his tail..."
Aedan and Jamon were doing a remarkable job at holding in their laughter, and I was waiting for him to look at me with an even sterner look of hellfire waiting to bore a hole through his skull.
"And please bless that I can eat a lizard and scoop out his eyes and chop up his tail..."
When he had finished, I looked at him, wondering if he was serious, since he hadn't given any indication that he was doing it to be funny. Maybe he thought of them as fish?
"Trevor, do you really want a lizard in your lunch?"
He looked at me with glossy eyes as he nodded his head, yes.
"Well, I think that sounds like a great snack. I would be happy to do that for you. I could pack him in your sandwich. Would you like that?"
"Yeah, and chop up his tail and mash up his eyeballs ."
"Yeah, we can do that. I think it's a great idea."
He looked at me solemnly, "And I will say, 'Eew, that's not so good to eat!'"
And now I know: I have borne a mischievous son with a convincing poker face.
4 comments:
I hope that lizard on the wall is good at hiding! That is such a priceless story. I don't think I'll try lizard but I did try my first spam, rice and seaweed musubi today. It was pretty good.
Dude, you are sooo hatin' it. I'd try to look ahead to your future, but it scares me too much.
Sounds like he's related to my boys.
Maybe if I had served lizards in nursery, it might have cut back on the thievery.
Post a Comment