Was driving kids back and forth. And back and forth. Day in, day out. Fighting back one of those, "Is this what my life amounts to?" moments. Then I came across this article in a magazine: A Purpose-Driving Life Kyria.com. It was just what I needed to hear!
Excerpts:
"Years before, I'd prayed that God would give me a grand purpose in life. He answered by giving me two girls and a set of car keys.
"Drive,' he said.
"So drive I did. To volleyball. To softball. To the mall. To the beach. To the mall. To church youth group. To Taco Bell. To the mall.
"During my years of driving girls, my car was...at times a confessional and a sanctuary. Something amazing happened when my red Ford Tempo filled with girls. God entered.
"It was all so very natural, yet not. It was mundane and ordinary, yet incredibly holy. Now that my daughters are grown, I actually miss those days. At one time, I'd wanted to be somebody important, to do great things. I ended up driving girls. It wasn't what I'd envisioned, but for a good portion of my life it was what I'd been created and called to do.
"Jesus told his followers that God cares about sparrows. He commended the poor widow who gave two meager pennies, talked about faith the size of a grain of mustard seed and the growth potential of a kernel of wheat. He chose a puny shepherd boy to be king of Israel.
I had asked God to give me a grand purpose, and he did.
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing Ann!
Ahhh, I will have a better attitude driving my kids across Montana to school. Thanks Ann
Love it.
It's always good to remember that there is meaning and purpose in the little things even when they seem mundane or insignificant. Thanks for the reminder.
As I drive the 1.5 miles to the bus stop each day . . . 5X . . . I should reflect on this wisdom.
Murmur murmur.
Nice article, thanks for passing it along.
Post a Comment