Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Depends on Your Definition of Trailerpark

One caustic dilemma in our family revolves around the bathroom windows in the master bedroom. They are a set of three "awning" windows (they open outward from the bottom) that measure 6 feet across and 3 feet high. Our home is on the corner of two busy streets. There's traffic. Every hour of the day. Voyeurs in the making, you might say. After several months of crouching beneath the view of the oncoming traffic during my morning and nightly rituals, I was delighted to find a disposable paper shade that was 6x3! Perfect! Except that it was 6 feet long and 3 feet wide. Two of the three windows were covered--I could work with that. Jeff's response?

"Whoa...what's up with that!" he said with menacing tones and vengeance in his eyes.

"Don't worry, it's just temporary. I'm working on it, but it's going to take some time," I replied soothingly.

"It looks totally trailerpark."

"It's better than nothing, and it gives me great pleasure to know that now I can walk free and proud in front of two of our windows."

So imagine my alarm when one evening, after Jeff had left the island and was safely on the mainland, I beheld this startling sight:




Easy-access handle holes? Intentionally carved with the skill and care of a surgeon? Talk about trailerpark!
In the end, all is well. Target makes great therapy. So glad it's finally on the island!

1 comment:

Vern said...

Just come out and say it. You've been dying to walk around nude all this time, and NOW YOU CAN! Think of all the dreams Target just squashed.