Thursday, April 16, 2009

Brain Power...or, the Poisonous Secret:

Did you know that Secret deodorant is a health hazard? Aedan informed me that a friend told her that Secret has aluminum in it, which "kills your brain." As a Secret consumer, she checked the contents, and indeed it does contain aluminum.

I had to know: what's up with the aluminum? Apparently, it's linked to Alzheimers, breast cancer, and brain disorders. Am I the last to hear about this?

"So have you stopped wearing deodorant?" I asked.

"Yeah. I figured that with the HSA this week (state standardized test), I didn't want to risk doing bad on the test."

I'm happy to report that although I do feel more and more brain dead as the days go by, it is not on account of my deodorant: I'm aluminum-free!

1 comment:

Amber Jensen said...

Did my daughter tell Aeden this? She mentioned it to me also. I have 3 different kinds up in my bathroom and they all contain Aluminum Zirconium or something like that. No wonder my brain doesn't function.